[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SnarkCafe Community • View topic - Request Features or changes Here

Request Features or changes Here

forum related to the updating of Snarkserv Plugin

Re: Request Features or changes Here

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:18 pm

one thing though about the two blinks. i wouldn't really want to see two seperate blinks to be 400 hours apart though. because then it seems like a waste of time for newer players who are faced with the mountain of commands or what have you, to try to earn "x" amount of hours to get "x" commands. one other thing i'd like to see, and hope it's not too difficult is a command list from the start with all the time based rewards available for anyone to look at. so i don't know, maybe it would be like this: Selfdestruct(400 hours) or whatever. Probably labeled from Least amount of hours to greatest amount of hours which is probably the connect message. but then again that's my two cents.
Image made by Xguy
outsider
Apiring Caffeine User
Apiring Caffeine User

Postby Uro Uro Blue » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Could someone post the blink bit or most of the code so I can take a look at it? Or just PM it to be or something if you guyz are all arms-race and jazz with other servers?

I'm thinking it's just a matter of creating two identifiers for two different methods and take out an if/then statement involving hours.

Uro Uro Blue
Moderate Caffeine Abuser
Moderate Caffeine Abuser

Postby TuRk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Give me money. And ass, and I'll get you the code.
TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Postby Fire-Wired » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Even if i posted it would you be able to read it and edit it properly with out syntax errors Uro? I still think having the two blink commands how they are now works fine, you have safe blink at first then you aquire blinking through walls. I don't know what outsider is talking about but both blink commands were made to be the same command so players can bind only one key, this was done to prevent confusion.
Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby Uro Uro Blue » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:50 pm

I can certainly try to edit it without syntax errors if I'm careful. After I do try and I'm confident about it, you can take a look at it yourself and if it seems ok put it in the test server.

They really aren't the same command though, one teleports you infinitely far ahead, making it easy to get past ledges, another takes you only a few feet ahead in any direction whether there is a wall or not.

I've heard a lot of members talk about how they wish they occasionally had the first blink. I've certainly gotten use out of it, especially on KZ maps when you can practically just teleport instantly to the top without the telejump bind.

Uro Uro Blue
Moderate Caffeine Abuser
Moderate Caffeine Abuser

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I thought the blink was either moved up to something like 600 hours or changed so it was at the normal 200 hours but reduced distance. i'm not too sure but i do remember the orignal blink is a higher hour reward now.
outsider
Apiring Caffeine User
Apiring Caffeine User

Postby Fire-Wired » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 am

You have the concept backwards, Uro. The first blink moves you ahead in any direction, but is bound by the rules of how ents colide with the environment, which is why if you try to go through a wall you just get pushed against it. While the other one is more of a teleport, with out any reguard for what your going past or through; the only check it does is a simple check to make sure you don't get stuck in a wall.

Now that you mention it though i do need to fix it so you can't just go straight up and cheat on some maps.
Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby Uro Uro Blue » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 pm

NAW. YOU CAN LEAVE THAT CHEAT IN. ITS K. NOTHING NEEDS TO BE CHANGED WITH !BLINK

Uro Uro Blue
Moderate Caffeine Abuser
Moderate Caffeine Abuser

Postby TuRk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:23 pm

we should REALLY look into that integrated radio plugin for the forums and site.
TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Previous

Return to SnarkServ Project