[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SnarkCafe Community • View topic - preventative resource limitting

preventative resource limitting

forum related to the updating of Snarkserv Plugin

Postby Fire-Wired » Wed May 16, 2007 10:33 pm

Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby Fire-Wired » Wed May 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby Da_Ghost » Thu May 17, 2007 2:58 am

Da_Ghost
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby Fire-Wired » Thu May 17, 2007 7:26 am

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby cold_blood3d_killa » Thu May 17, 2007 8:59 pm

just to clarify the limits:

the half-life engine has a limit of 1024 entities in a map, plus it allows for 500 temporary entities (for effects).

The 512 number is different from this. It is the maximum number of unique items, not the map's total ent count. i.e, you could have 100 monster_human_grunts and it would only fill up 1 of the 512 slots and a few for the special sounds they make. so make sure you are getting the item/resource count, not the number of map entities.
|

cold_blood3d_killa
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby Fire-Wired » Fri May 18, 2007 12:22 am

thanks, ya i noticed that today when i was messing around with it. Some things didn't make sense. So really this plugin doesn't help much at all. unless there is some place where these resource limits are broken down into their parts.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Re: preventative resource limitting

Postby Fire-Wired » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby CpeanutG » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Don't plugins load first before the map? I have just been making note of which maps crash due to entity limitations, then disable plugins one by one untill it fixes the crashing by using AMXmodX's built in "Map Specific Plugins" feature. http://wiki.amxmodx.org/Configuring_AMX ... ic_Plugins
CpeanutG
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby Fire-Wired » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:53 am

Awsome thanks peanut i was looking for that bit of info to be able to play mommamesa map, balopan didn't do a good job posting in his changelog about the map config stuff.

You are right about that though peanut, i don't think its possible to block precaching from inside an amxx plugin. So i guess it would be wise to just disable plugins i can't fix on certain maps. And for the plugins that I do have the source too, at least try to fix them so they don't go over the entity limit.

But the unfortunate thing about the mommamesa map is he used way too many freaking sound precaches, i have to not only disable all of AMXX, but i also have to turn off Entmod, and Hookmod. I guess G.Ballblue doesn't run any addons during testing, cuz he litterly used 99.99% of all the HL resources on his map. I need to do some more testing but i think with all the secretcity maps using the plugin configs we can still run the plugins. I just think its rediculous that these maps leave no room to run even the basic plugins like hook and entmod.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby CpeanutG » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Have you also tried making it a 32 player server, reserving slots, and using sc_visiblemaxplayers? Reserved slots won't work if AMXmodX is off though.
CpeanutG
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby Thebard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Great cant wait to see this implemented.

at the moment we cant run.

central_bunker
mommamesa
nm_darkisland
reco
escape2_a (series)
secretcity2
re
op_blackmesa1 (series)
bm_nightmare_a (series)
classic
last (series)
Infested (series)

and i know afrikakorps is hanging close to the upper limit.

Thebard
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Location: Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

Postby Fire-Wired » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:03 am

Sorry this doesn't seem to be possible, so as of now this project has been abandoned; Unless there is any information to consider this a possibility.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby Thebard » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:54 pm

er and what...
since most of those maps now work simply becase if that scripting thingy you told me to do
wasn't that the same thing!!!?

Thebard
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Location: Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

Postby Fire-Wired » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:43 pm

no thats something different, i was talking about something that would be automatic.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Previous

Return to SnarkServ Project