[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SnarkCafe Community • View topic - Donate NOW!

Donate NOW!

news to be posted on snarkcafe.net

Donate NOW!

Postby TuRk » Wed May 21, 2008 11:08 pm

TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Re: Donate NOW!

Postby HyPNOS » Thu May 22, 2008 8:11 am

Now you see if Fire-Wired typed this, i would be concerned.

I have donated. (moar that appears in my sig :/)

Anyway if i had a job i would, but since i don't, and at University spending moneyz on [s]beer[/s] books, also bearing in mind my next student grant isn't until Sep :( i has to watch what i spend.. *hic*

HyPNOS
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby Uro Uro Blue » Thu May 22, 2008 8:30 am

Uro Uro Blue
Moderate Caffeine Abuser
Moderate Caffeine Abuser

Postby XGuy » Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

No thanks.
XGuy
Graphic Artist
Graphic Artist

Postby TuRk » Thu May 22, 2008 4:07 pm

TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Postby Fire-Wired » Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby XGuy » Thu May 22, 2008 7:23 pm

XGuy
Graphic Artist
Graphic Artist

Postby Fire-Wired » Thu May 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby TuRk » Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 pm

TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Postby XGuy » Thu May 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Lol.

But... I won't be bored at my desk saying "I should have donated." That's kind of what I was trying to say in my first post. I understand that keeping the server alive is very important for some people because they use it to kill boredom. Some people, however, actually have other more fun things to do. The server going down isn't a big deal, we can still organize events and have fun even without the server.

It's not that I'm selfish, but it's useless for me to donate money. I have other things to do with money that are way more important. I am dedicated to SnarkCafe bro, but this is an online community. Step outside a bit, nothing on the computer is as serious as you make it.

Your money won't go to a better cause, that's exactly what I'm saying. We formed the community and like I said when you first came here, we're basically just a big group of friends. The Snark server was nice and it was a great place for us to kind of meet and play, but usually, we don't need a special server to have fun. When we're all playing together, everybodys enjoying themselves.
XGuy
Graphic Artist
Graphic Artist

Postby cold_blood3d_killa » Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 pm

this is understandable.

but maybe a full dedicated server is not an absolute necessity. Given the circumstances, wouldn't a plain old gameserver, for our main game (sven?), like , be enough? Sure we wouldn't have a huge game selection, but at least it would be a place where we could meet and play together. And it would actually be affordable. For other games, any of us could plan an event at a set time and one of us could host the server ourselves, just for the event... most ISPs today give enough upstream bandwidth to easily host a medium-to-large HL server.

whatever happens fire, please backup up everything before server shutdown. I have a spare HDD thats mostly empty and could hold everything if you want. A lot of effort has been put into getting things on our servers the way they are right now, and it would make life a lot easier down the road if we want to re-open the server.
|

cold_blood3d_killa
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Postby shizznoze » Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 pm

This is making me more sad, cause i dun got a credit card to donate!
shizznoze
New to Caffeine
New to Caffeine

Postby Fire-Wired » Fri May 23, 2008 6:03 pm

thanks CBK, funny thing is that Qwertys offerings is an attempt to resell the server we are on :-p  There isn't enough interest in buying gameservers enough to constitute keeping the server.

The server isn't planned on going down till the 20th of June, so I've already started backing up the files and stuff.  You also gave me the idea that my internet is faster than when snarkcafe started so I could possibly host from home again, even though I REALLY hate exposing my home computers and IP's to the world.  I did also think about sponsored servers but I get flash backs of past cases when the host stole all our plugins and sold them and stuff.

Either way don't worry we will do something.

In response to xguy's reply:
you say we are a community but, last I checked the definition of a community is a group of people with common interest interacting and contributing towards similar goals.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Postby TuRk » Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 pm

TuRk
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Postby TuRk » Fri May 23, 2008 10:31 pm

TuRk
($$) Donor