[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SnarkCafe Community • View topic - I am here to ask some really noob questions

I am here to ask some really noob questions

Post and ask for answers for all your burning questions.

I am here to ask some really noob questions

Postby ShellM591 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Ok, so first question. It looks to me like the site went under some sort of update, and that let's me post on the forums now. Before this, I had created an account at the homepage and I couldn't use it on the forums. So I made a forums account too. And put a completely wrong Steam ID. Now I can use the account I made first on the forums. What is going to happen since I have this "ShellM591" acoount and another, unregistered, "ShellM591" on the forums with a bad steam ID.

Next, about the steam ID. Not very bid I just wanted to know if I had to enter anything different from STEAM_0:1:2416556. There were other numbers, like a 54 before steam. I have had people tell me to only enter what I did, so I am pretty confident I got it right. Can't be too careful though.

So anyways, your help would be appreciated, and I apologize for the high levels of noob in this post.
ShellM591
($$) Donor
($$) Donor

Re: I am here to ask some really noob questions

Postby XGuy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Not sure about the first part, I think Fire is still trying to fix some things.

But about the Steam IDs, it's not like you're required to enter in your ID. The way you typed it is correct, but if you must verify you can always go to the SnarkCafe tab up top and click on SnarkServ sigs; type in the name you use on the server and your STEAM ID should pop up. The 54 was probably your user number.
XGuy
Graphic Artist
Graphic Artist

Re: I am here to ask some really noob questions

Postby Fire-Wired » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Problem is the changes from the site and the forums caused the users to de-sync and as of now both currently are not long linked, when i find some time to work on the site again (which is when im not working on snarkserv) i will fix this so that it works again.

As for the SteamID field in the forums, thats for future use only. I'm not sure why but your not supposed to see that field and or add your steamid in there. Thats not to say people haven't already done so, when its fully implemented that steamid field will be used to track donors, linking them from the game-server, displaying extra info about them under forum avatar, and also give way to what will ultimately be used in the SnarkServ Portal site. The SnarkServ portal will be integrated into the forums, and allow snarkserv users to manage settings outside of the game.

After i post this im going to go back in and see if i can remove access to setting steamid in profiles, and erase any existing steamids. While i wish i could leave it up to you guys to enter in your own steamid, most people don't know their steamids, or enter in garbage, aren't smart enough to enter in their proper steamid, and or will try to use someone elses steamid.
Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Fire-Wired
SnarkCafe Clan Leader
SnarkCafe Clan Leader

Return to Help Desk Area